- By 2002 at least 64% of the world's oil exports
will come from the Persian Gulf and the U.S. is projected to import
70% of its total oil consumed.
- Outdoor Pollution causes 50,000 to 120,000 premature deaths per
year in the U.S. and costs over $40 billion per year in added health
- Scot particles released from diesel vehicles account for about
79% of the cancer risk from airborne sources.
- Driving a vehicle using cleaner fuels will cut
emission by 20- 80% or more.
- Over 97 percent of the motor vehicles operating in the United
States use petroleum based fuels and will most likely continue to
unless we make a serious commitment to alternatives.
- However, with gasoline consumption increasing by about 10
percent every five years, our dependence on foreign oil will soon
outpace domestic production. The introduction of vehicles powered by
alternative fuels can prevent the gradual and continuing destruction
of our planet and future wars to protect our oil supplies.
+ Clean Air
Improved Public Health
Increase Energy Security
It Just Makes $ense!!!!!!